To give you an idea of how important video content is for your digital marketing, here are some key statistics:
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic
- YouTube is the second most trafficked site, after Google
- Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text
- In the past 30 days, more online video content has been uploaded to the web than the past 30 years of TV content.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
- Including video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%
- Companies that use videos in their marketing have 27% higher clickthrough rate and 34% higher conversion rates than those that don’t.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line was found to increase open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%.
- Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t.
- Blog posts that incorporate video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound
- 78% of marketers say their most effective SEO strategy has been creating more relevant content
As these statistics show, video content can play a vital role in increasing the success of your digital marketing. Get the What is Inbound Marketing Anyway and get started.