[VIDEO] 16 incredible video marketing stats
Jaco van der Watt | October 25 2018
To give you an idea of how important video content is for your digital marketing, here are some key statistics:
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic
- YouTube is the second most trafficked site, after Google
- Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text
- In the past 30 days, more online video content has been uploaded to the web than the past 30 years of TV content.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
- Including video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%
- Companies that use videos in their marketing have 27% higher clickthrough rate and 34% higher conversion rates than those that don’t.
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line was found to increase open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%.
- Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t.
- Blog posts that incorporate video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound
- 78% of marketers say their most effective SEO strategy has been creating more relevant content
As these statistics show, video content can play a vital role in increasing the success of your digital marketing. Get the What is Inbound Marketing Anyway and get started.
Recent posts like this
How HubSpot’s ChatSpot, Automation and AI Drive Business Expansion
ChatSpot is revolutionising the way that modern businesses operate. From streamlining operations to faster content creation, AI is rapidly becoming a must-have for modern businesses. Today's business ...
Best B2B lead generation companies
Looking for a B2B lead generation company that can turn your business into a lead magnet? We’ve found 10 of the best companies in the industry. Summary Creating B2B leads is an integral part of any ...
What is a Microsite?
Find out what a microsite is, whether your business needs one, and how to create a site that compliments your business. Summary Looking for a powerful way to engage your target audience and drive ...