We're looking for a superstar Graphic/Digital Designer to join our design team.
You'll work a combination of remote and in-office days. Starting on 20 days annual leave moving up to 24 days.
We were ranked in the top 10 HubSpot partners globally in 2020. We operate on a global scale. Our design and UX is shipped all over the world.
We combine beautiful design with marketing and sales tech.
You'll be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media.
To be successful in this position, you'll need to be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
What does a Graphic/Digital Designer do at MO?
At MO you'll be working in a design team headed up by our creative director with over 12 years of experience. You will also be working hand in hand with our art director.
We are predominately a digital agency, and 80% of your work will end up in the digital medium. We're one of the top digital branding agencies in the country working on some well-known companies.
But, we don't do FMCG goods, so you won't be working on consumer brands. We focus the corporate world, tech and fintech. Think Investec, EasyEquities, iKhokha, StudentHub... But pop over to our client list or check out our 2020 showreels.
On an average day, you might design websites, microsites, landing pages, working with and/or creating digital CI's, conceptualising campaigns, online ads, and most importantly interfacing with the rest of the teams.
These teams will include your own team of design pros, as well as our strategy, content, account, operations, and executive teams. The team structure is very flat, and everyone's door is always open for a chat.
- Be a highly creative thinker and be able to put concepts to design.
- Maintain high standards of creative excellence and attention to detail.
- Collaborating well with your team and other departments is a must.
- Coordinating with the creative director and art director.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of user interfaces and how we can improve our clients' digital products
- Conceptualise and design digital branding guidelines for our clients
- Work effectively and accurately with digital branding guidelines.
- Identify and create wireframes working with the accounts team.
- Apply wireframes to digital prototypes and suggest improvements when necessary
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field.
- Two years or more of working design experience (i.e. cannot include your studies).
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe suite.
- Experience with UX tools like Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Adobe XD.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, online ads, social media and multimedia design.
- Genuine work/life balance.
- Great company culture.
- Flexible offices/remote days to suit your productivity.
- Year one 20 leave days, Year two 22 days, Year three 24 days. With 12 public holidays in South Africa, you’ll get 32 rest days from year one. We value work/life balance.
- Offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and London.
- Apple Mac M2.
- Extra 21” second screen.
- In-office health snacks.
- Regular health & wellness programs.
- Fully paid access to dieticians, psychologists, and other wellness professionals.
- The Cape Town team are flown to Johannesburg monthly for team building.
On top of a world-class team, we have great benefits
Free, healthy breakfasts EVERY DAY | Commercial grade NESPRESSO COFFEE made to order | Early finish Fridays EVERY WEEK | Team building every other Friday with GO KARTING, SPA TREATMENTS, RESTAURANTS, Etc... | Employee of the Month awards | Quarterly KPI sessions to help you grow and improve | And lots more.