In our blog you'll find digital tools, strategies and best practices to improve operational efficiency, increase sales leads, and retain and up sell your clients by knowing them better.
SEO Services in Cape Town
What are you telling yourself about SEO?
“It is 2020 and I am from Cape Town, we’re living life in the mother city with tourists all over, which means that business will be booming because people will come to us - therefore we don’t need to make use of SEO.”
If this is the way you think, you need to understand that it is incorrect. Just because there are a lot of people in your area, does not mean that they will find you. This is exactly why SEO and having an SEO strategy is important if you are a business owner or marketer, you want all of these people to find you (find your website) when searching on major search engines. More traffic to your website can mean more customers through your doors.
All of a sudden having an SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) strategy sounds quite attractive, doesn’t it? What you need to understand when it comes to SEO is that, as with technology, SEO changes constantly. That is why businesses have digital marketing budgets in place, to employ SEO service providers to assist with their SEO and keeping it up to date.
Here are some of the latest findings from Backlinko, they have recently analyzed 11.8 million Google search results to answer the question:
- A website’s overall link authority strongly correlates with higher rankings.
- The #1 result in Google has an average of 3.8x more backlinks than positions #2-#10.
- Comprehensive content with a high “Content Grade”, significantly outperformed content that didn’t cover a topic in-depth.
- No correlation was found between page loading speed and first page Google rankings (this being said, excessively slow website do get penalized).
- Getting backlinks from multiple different sites appear to be important for SEO.
- The vast majority of title tags in Google exactly or partially match the keyword that they rank for.
- Page authority weakly correlates with rankings.
- Word count was evenly distributed among the top 10 results. The average Google first page result contains 1,447 words.
- HTML page size does not have any correlation with rankings. In other words, heavy pages have the same chance to rank as light pages.
- A slight correlation was found between URL length and rankings. Specifically, short URLs tend to have a slight ranking advantage over longer URLs.
- Data shows that the use of Schema markup does not correlate with higher rankings.
- Websites with above-average “time on site” tend to rank higher in Google. Specifically, increasing time on site by 3 seconds correlates to ranking a single position higher in the search results.
Truth be told, it is fascinating to see how SEO constantly changes, therefore we advise you to find an SEO Service Provider who can do SEO planning according to your business and industry, build a strategy from their findings and guide you through how they execute on it.
You might also be interested in: Are SEO Agencies in South Africa Wasting your Money?
SEO Services in Cape Town
Start here, with these 10 SEO Service Providers in and around Cape Town:
IM Applied SEO
Cape Town SEO
Choosing the correct SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) service provider is essential as you will see the long-term results which will deliver the return on investment that you need.
More blog posts
Get more out of your digital marketing
Fill in the form and learn why Inbound is the only way to get high-quality leads.
Transforming Business Through Marketing, Sales and Service Technology