Digital Marketing 101: Responsive website design and mobile marketing (Part 1)
What is responsive website design?
Responsive website or web design is an approach that entails that the design and development of a website should respond to a user’s behaviour. Depending on the user’s screen size, the platform of choice (desktop, mobile or tablet) and orientation (portrait or landscape) a website must be able to respond to these requirements and conform to them. This in essence is responsive website design.
For example, when a user switches from a laptop to an iPad, a website should automatically be able to accommodate the change in screen resolution, image size and scripting on-the-fly. If this doesn’t happen, the user will have a bad experience, and possibly stop visiting your site.
The benefits of responsive website design
Responsive website design benefits your business’s website in the following ways:
- It makes your website very flexible and adaptable.
- It creates an excellent user experience (UX) for potential customers.
- It’s very cost-effective.
- Google favours mobile responsiveness and responsive website design above anything else, so it will prioritise your website over another.
- A responsive website is very easy to manage.
What is mobile marketing?
Mobile marketing is defined as any type of promotional activity designed for delivery on cellphones, smartphones and any other type of handheld device. Mobile marketing forms part of multi-channel digital marketing campaigns. It can include mobile ads from Google and SMS marketing to display ads.
The benefits of mobile marketing
Mobile marketing is beneficial, in conjunction with other digital marketing strategies, for these reasons:
- You are guaranteed immediacy with mobile marketing campaigns.
- Mobile marketing campaigns are an affordable alternative for small businesses and large companies.
- Delivery of your message is guaranteed with mobile marketing.
- Mobile marketing is highly targeted and personal.
- You’re able to reach your target audience while they’re out and about.
- Mobile marketing can integrate easily with other elements of your digital marketing campaign.
Be on the lookout for our next blog post focused on mobile marketing and responsive website design, where we will go more in-depth into the subject. We look forward to your feedback!
Digital Marketing 101 blog series:
Read more of the Digital Marketing 101 blog series and be educated on every digital marketing topic under the sun. Learn all the basics about digital marketing and how to put together your own digital marketing strategy.
- The importance of digital marketing in your business
- What is web analytics and how does it benefit your website's design?
- An introduction to SEO (Search engine optimisation)
- The difference between free and paid online advertising
- A social media strategy is essential for your business (Part 1)
- A social media strategy is essential for your business (Part 2)
- A social media strategy is essential for your business (Part 3)
- Planning, creating and distributing an email campaign (Part 1)
- Planning, creating and distributing an email campaign (Part 2)
- Planning, creating and distributing an email campaign (Part 3)
- Responsive website design and mobile marketing (Part 1)
- Responsive website design and mobile marketing (Part 2)
- Responsive website design and mobile marketing (Part 3)
- Tying together the loose ends in your digital marketing strategy (Part 1)
- Tying together the loose ends in your digital marketing strategy (Part 2)
- Tying together the loose ends in your digital marketing strategy (Part 3)